Information on the village of Gattonside in Scotland.
now St Aidans
Built by John and Thomas Smith of Darnick in 1826 as a middle-sized mansion, the house has been given a new life as the administrative headquarters of The Brothers of Charity in the region. The house was at one time home to seventy men with learning difficulties. Today the group supports 161 men and women in a wide range of accommodation from single person flats to groups working together to manage and run a house. There are currently 27 properties in the care of the St Aidan's staff, some in the grounds of this fine old house.
Back to: History of Gattonside